Students from EU and EES States can use their own European health insurance card to access health cover.
Every foreign student should check with their own National Health Service about how to obtain this card. In most cases your national health insurance card acts as a European health card.
This card enables access to any medical assistance which might become necessary during your temporary stay (but does not cover the private health service). Your treatment costs will be the same as if you were an Italian citizen.
For further information regarding the European health insurance card visit:
Non-European students can apply for a free health insurance card for the period of their permitted stay. In order to register with the Italian National Health Service, non-European students should register with the ASL Potenza, via P. Petrone, c/o Centrale Operativa 118, together with their identity document, residence permit and proof of address which can be self-certified. Registration costs about € 150.